Thursday 21 April 2011

The week that was.

So you know how I said in my last blog how much I love alcohol. The next day, I just gave up drinking it. And I managed to go for 8 days without it - the longest I've been without a drink for over a year. I'd heard people say how much better they felt not drinking - how much more energy they had, how much more sleep they were getting. What a crock of shite (in my case at least). I have never been so sleepy in my life! I have found it so hard to get on with my daily to do list over the past week. I keep wanting to have a Nana nap.

So this evening, I cracked open a bottle of white and am feeling back to my normal self. Woohoo!  So what else has this last week produced? Well, I have another fab sponsor for my burlesque raffle to be drawn next Friday at La Vida in Las Vegas. It's a vintage hair and makeup makeover by Debonaire Doos (run by my good friend Michelle Parish, aka Ms Tittle Tattle who will be performing on the 29th).


I've also been donated a mask by Masque La Fey worth $100. This means the raffle prize is valued at over $700 and pretty much contains enough costume and props to make a couple of burlesque acts. I'd be seriously happy if I won it. There's only 1 week left to buy raffle tickets, so email me on misschiefevents@googlemail.com - you have to be in it to win it.



One of my regular audience members recommended to me an Ebay site where I could buy the black sequins I've been after. I'm still waiting for them to arrive from Australia, so fingers crossed they are the right ones and I can get on with blinging my costume.  Thanks to all those who've kept an eye out for the illusive sequins. Who'd have thought it'd be so hard to find something so simple and fundamental.

All the table seats for La Vida in Las Vegas sold out on Tuesday of this week. So there are now only 64 GA tickets left. If you are planning on coming to the show and haven't bought tickets, don't leave it til the night to get them as you'll probably miss out.

I also started to consider what I'll be doing after Vegas. The problem with fulfilling dreams is finding the next dream to pursue. And no, going for the Queen title is not on my radar. Absolutely not. I want to be doing something that pays the bills and that I enjoy. I love burlesque but it doesn't provide any sort of security and I'm tired of living hand to mouth. I also see a lot of burlesque producers popping up all over the place and I do not desire to be operating in a saturated market, even if I have the advantage of an excellent reputation as a producer.

Hopefully something will open up in another form of theatre production. But, perhaps I should return to focusing on Vegas and worry about that other life stuff til afterwards.  Happy Easter everyone (meaning have a good long weekend - I'm not religious). I'm about to crack open another bag of Mini Eggs, helping to contribute to my bigg butt.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment